Forums  

Go Back   Forums > THE NARRATIVE - General/Non Laurel Cottage books discussion > Non Laurel Cottage Fiction

Old 26-08-2010
Bookworm

vickietots is on a distinguished road
Default Lee Child

This is my favourite at the moment!! I have read all of the Lee Child books so far. They are all about 1 character, Jack Reacher, who is ex American Army Military Police. They could be seen to be a bit blokey (), but I did introduce a friend to them who normally reads chick lit and she couldn't but them down, so they might not be!
Old 26-08-2010
Admin

CPCarolyn is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a very interesting recommendation. I wouldn't say I'd have a huge interest in American military, but I have been known to read the odd chick lit book, so I might have to look into them.

Is it a series? Or is there one you'd recommend in particular?
Old 26-08-2010
Bookworm

Yep its a series, hes one of those guys that is always in the right place at the wrong time and so ends up getting involved in things! In terms of my favourite, I started with The Enemy which I enjoyed, but then discovered that it was about the 8th in a series and so then went and got the others to read.
Old 26-08-2010
Admin

Starting in the middle of a series obviously didn't dampen your enthusiasm for it anyway

Hmm. I've just Googled LC to get some more info, but can't quite figure out - is Rancher a fictional character?
Old 31-08-2010
Bookworm

Nope it didn't!

Yep Reacher is fictional. All made up! But the author and publishing company have got web sites where they answer questions as if from Reacher, so it is a little confusing.
Old 31-08-2010
Admin

Confusing but quite clever - and I'm sure quite a lot of fun for whoever is keeping it up to date

I might have to see if I can pick up The Enemy at the airport at the end of the week

How many are in the series?
Old 31-08-2010
Bookworm

I think its eight at the moment? Although there is 1 more coming out in paperback this week and I think a new hardback book is due out soon??
Old 04-02-2011
Admin

Thanks to your recommendation, Vickie, I saw a Lee Child book when I was doing some shopping last week, so it went into the trolley too - it's currently in a pile of books I've yet to get to, but I'm looking forward to starting it
Old 18-04-2011
Admin

Well I finally got round to reading this book ^^^ (61 Hours) which was pretty gripping, so I have to thank you for the recommendation! It took me less than the weekend to read it and I kept finding excuses to go back and read a little bit more (didn't get much housework done!)

Jack Reacher finds himself stranded in a small town in South Dakota after the bus in which he was travelling is involved in an accident in a heavy snow storm. The roads in and out are closed due to the weather and JR finds himself in the middle of a police hunt for a drugs mogul whilst providing round the clock protection for the only witness who saw a drugs deal.

Needless to say it's not that simple and the yokel police force are pretty glad to see Reacher.

I'll definitely be buying more Lee Child, really enjoyed this!
Old 15-07-2011
Bookworm

Well! Long time no post! Sorry!

I thought I would pop in here and say that I am reading the latest Jack Reacher novel! Worth Dying For. I am enjoying it so far! Usual Reacher stuff. So I am happy! Will come back when I have finished it and update with a little bit more of my thoughts!