Forums  

Go Back   Forums > THE NARRATIVE - General/Non Laurel Cottage books discussion > Non Laurel Cottage Fiction

Old 13-09-2010
Bookworm

vickietots is on a distinguished road
Default Janet Evanovich

This is my guilty pleasure! Its not like I read heavy duty non-fiction in the 1st place, but this is very light reading! Her books are about Stephanie Plum who lives in New Jersey and she is a Bounty Hunter! They are funny (although maybe a little samey). I can literally read one of her books in a day! I normally read them on holiday! I have read the 1st seven books (16 in total so far). I recommend if you just want to read and not really think about anything much!
Old 13-09-2010
Admin

CPCarolyn is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the recommendation - a book like that thrown in between other reads is sometimes very welcome. Will look out for her stuff
Old 17-01-2011
Bookworm

I have just read 3 of these books! I got them for Christmas. They were the next 3 books in the series (7,8 and 9). Made me laugh out loud on a number of occasions. Stephanie is useless as ever.

The good thing is I was worried as the writer is not on book 15 or 16 and so you think where can she go with it? The main stories are maybe a little bit similar, but the the sub plot about Stephanie's life and relationships move on and you can see how she is changing. I am impressed and will be getting the next books to read when I am on holiday in March!
Old 19-01-2011
Admin

CPCarolyn is on a distinguished road

Blimey, you did well at Christmas

Do her books need to be read in sequence, or are they anything like the Jo Nesbo and Lee Childs ones which can conceivably be read in any order?
Old 19-01-2011
Bookworm

No her books are again written to be read in any order, as she writes she puts in bits that explain characters or history. But I have to read in order, so started with 'One for the Money' (all her book handly have the number in the title so you know in which order you are reading them! ).

Yes I did do well at Christmas! I am now reading a serious book though 'Gypsy Boy' so expect a review once that is finished.